There is no such thing as “luck” when starting, building or running a business. Just because you’ve decided to open your business in your home doesn’t mean that you can just “float” and the business will succeed. There are some serious things for you to think about, plan and execute in order to have the best possible chance of success. As we start another New Year, there’s no better time than NOW to print this page, put it on your wall and refer to it often!
1. GOALS: Set specific goals – no more wishing, dreaming or hoping! Put a date on when you will reach the goals. Can you state right now what it is that you want out of life, and what you want your business to be like a year from now?
2. STRATEGY: Plan your work; map out your day-by-day, month-by-month progress. Each individual small goal will work up to the major objective. I’ve heard it said that those who fail to plan, plan to fail.
3. DESIRE: A burning desire is the greatest human motivator of all. Desire and determination are key elements in achieving success! The more you think about your goals, the more enthusiastic you become. Enthusiasm turns your “desire” into a “burning desire”.
4. BELIEF: Develop an overwhelming belief and confidence in yourself. Don’t even consider defeat – YOU ARE A WINNER! Remember, “whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it CAN achieve”.
5. PERSEVERANCE: Make a commitment to follow through on your plan and strategy regardless of the obstacles or set backs. “Winners never quit, and quitters never win!” is an absolute truth. Perseverance will take you to the top. Your “stick with it” attitude will make you the winner you want to be.
It is said that there are THREE KINDS OF PEOPLE — Those who MAKE things happen, those who WATCH things happen, and those who WONDER what happened.
Make up your mind right now to be among the first category of people who MAKE things happen!
For additional information on getting your business headed in the right direction, check out our new book “Jumpstart Your Business with Proven Techniques And Strategies”.