We all have disappointments and setbacks in our businesses. How we deal with them will actually tell the tale of how our business will survive.
When the idea to create a home business first enters your mind, the goal for success becomes part of the vision. Along the journey you will face frustration, discouragement and disappointment before your efforts are rewarded. The key to fulfilling your dream is to not give up when failure arrives (and it will). Print out these 20 tips. Read them aloud EVERY day. Make them personal. Believe in them.
Don’t let the disappointments of creating a work at home business get you down. Learn from them. Making money online can happen if you have the right mindset. After all, everything comes down to your perspective.
20 Tips For Dealing With Disappointments
* Achieve your dreams. Avoid negative people, things and places. Eleanor Roosevelt once said, “the future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”
* Believe in your self and in what you can do.
* Consider the obstacles from every angle and aspect. Growth comes through learning. Dealing with disappointment requires the ability to learn, adjust and adapt.
* Don’t give up and don’t give in. Thomas Edison failed once, twice, more than thrice before he came up with his invention and perfected the incandescent light bulb. Make persistence your steering wheel.
* Family and friends are life’s greatest treasures. Don’t loose sight of them.
* Give more than what is enough. Success can come through the extra effort you exert in doing things.
* Ignore those who try to destroy you. Don’t let other people get the best of you. Stay away from destructive people – the kind who hate to hear about your success.
* Just be yourself. The key to success is to be yourself and the key to failure is to try to please everyone.
* Keep trying no matter how hard it is. When a person stays motivated the road to success begins to materialize.
* Make things happen. Goals are reached when your dreams are put into work clothes.
* Never lie, cheat or steal. Always play a fair game.
* Practice makes perfect. Persistence is about learning and discovering how we can recover from our mistakes.
* Quitters never win and winners never quit. So choose your fate: Are you going to be a quitter or a winner?
* Stop procrastinating. Do! Don’t wait!
* Take control of your life. Self-discipline is linked with motivation. Both are key factors for facing disappointments.
* Visualize it. Create a vision of success in your mind and have a laser beam focus on it
* Want it more than anything. Dreaming means believing. Believing means trying. Trying means pursing. Pursing means attaining.
* You are unique. No one in this world looks, acts, or talks like you. Value your life and embrace it.
* Zero in on your dreams and don’t allow the disappointments to create a detour.
* Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Persistence and determination are omnipotent!
For extra information on getting a head start for the new year, I would recommend the following 2 books: “501 Tips & Strategies For Home Business Entrepreneurs” and “Jumpstart Your Business..Proven Techniques and Strategies”. These books are a steal at only $7.95 each at SewWithSarah.com, in the business book section.