Crafting is a $31 billion industry in the United States, and National Craft Month is designed to celebrate and draw attention to craft activities. Retailers across the country join in and provide promotions, sales, classes and demonstrations for their customers.
Celebrate National Craft Month yourself by trying out a new craft technique, creating something special for someone you love, or by teaching someone else a new craft. This year, I personally plan to celebrate by finishing up some of the projects I’ve started but not completed over the past year.
Check out these projects and retailers for some ideas:
- CraftPlace.org – Official site of the Craft & Hobby Association
- Crayola – Lots of printable activities for kids as well as lesson plans
- Create For Less – Celebrating with 2009 Crafties Sale
- JoAnn’s Fabrics – Specials and projects to celebrate National Craft Month
- Kid’s Turn Central – Great craft project ideas for kids